Sunday, September 21, 2014

Yummy Eats

Hello Friends!

Today Josh and I are coming to a close on our week long staycation together. Waaaahh!  We had our weigh in this morning for our second week of Paleo. I lost another 2.6 pounds for a total of 5.8 pounds. Josh, on the other hand, lost a whopping 6.2 pounds for a total of 10.2 pounds! (Don't you just love that men lose so much faster than women??) I'm happy for him and definitely not at all jealous....ok who am I kidding? I wish I lost 6 pounds in a week. Week 2 was much better than week one. We both have been feeling great and most of the side effects we felt in week one have subsided.

So this week we made some pretty tasty treats! Josh even made something sweet all by himself, which was probably a first for him. So proud. He made some delicious raw brownie bites. These are so tasty, but VERY rich and you can really only eat one. They are the perfect after dinner treat when you are craving something sweet. These are mainly dates, cocoa, and walnuts. Here is the recipe for you to make your own.... Raw Brownie Bites

I promise I did not eat all three of these.
 
My sister and her husband had their gender reveal party last night and since Josh and I couldn't eat everything that was served, we made our own food. The entre was tacos, so I whipped up a batch of Paleo tortilla shells and we seasoned the meat with an all natural seasoning. I also made a delightful guacamole to go along with it that I found over on Cooking Classy . Everyone seemed to like it as well. It is a pretty standard recipe, but here it is for you to enjoy... Guacamole

I was pretty proud of how wonderfully green it turned out to be!


My third and final treat I made was the dessert for last night since we couldn't enjoy the cake, and let me tell you what...it was delicious! I found the recipe on Life Made Full . They are Paleo-fied Pumpkin Pie Bars and they are the perfect ratio of pumpkin and crust. Try them out for yourself, you won't regret it! (But you may regret how many you eat because they are that good).

My apologies for this awful photograph. I failed to take a picture right after I made them and then didn't feel like setting one up for display. :)
 
 
 
 
I got to play photographer last night at the party, so here are just a few of the pictures I got.
Such a cute cake
 
What's your guess? Boy or girl?
 
It's a boy!



Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, now go and get to making some goodies!                                     





                                                                                          Eat. Drink. Be Happy.

                                                                                                               Grace
 

 













 

 
 

No comments: