Monday, September 15, 2014

I Survived My First Week of Paleo

I survived! Week one of Paleo is officially over! It technically ended yesterday, but since it was our one year anniversary, I opted not to blog. After one week of Paleo I lost 3.2 pounds and Josh lost 4 pounds. That loss was without exercise. We still are going through the adjustment period and aren't quite ready to get back to the gym just yet. We will get back to it either later this week or next.

So...week one. It was hard. There was a lot of cooking. There was a lot of dishes. We have an old house that doesn't have one of them there newfangled dishwashers. Yup, we're washing everything by hand. 

Throughout the week, I'm not gonna lie, I got cravings, and I got them BAD. All I wanted was something sweet. That is my main problem. Sweets and bread. The first day was pretty difficult because I couldn't have my bubbles, aka Diet Coke. We were both very tired and had some bad headaches. Days two and three were pretty good for the both of us, we felt more energized and weren't having those afternoon crashes that we would normally get.  Day 4 and I was back on the struggle bus. I wanted anything I laid my eyes on, BUT I did not cheat! After I got through that day, I was back to feeling pretty good about everything. I think the thing I'm most proud of is that I didn't cheat all week. On Tuesday when I came into work, pumpkin scones were held in front of me and I didn't snag one up. We had pizza at the support group I was leading and I didn't eat a piece, not even a bread stick! Then we had our annual AIDS Walk on Saturday at work and I didn't even grab one baked good or a bowl of chicken and dumplings. I think I just figured out the common denominator here. It's work. I guess I just need to stay home. :) Too bad that's not going to fly.

We haven't gotten too creative with our meals just yet, but we will get there. We had eggs, bacon (and I mean a lot of bacon), nuts, fruits, veggies, and meat, meat, and more meat. One of the hardest parts is nights like tonight when we are both tired and don't feel like whipping up anything and all I want to do is pop in a frozen pizza. Things will get easier once we get more into the swing of things, I'm sure. 

Here are a few of the pictures I took of the foods we ate throughout the week.    

                                     
Eggs, bacon, and strawberries for breakfast

Grilled pork chop and a salad with a simple balsamic dressing

Grilled chicken with roasted carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower

Paleo meat loaf with mashed cauliflower



That's all for now friends! It's time for me to go enjoy my "staycation" with my new Tempurpedic bed. Happy anniversary to us! 

                                                                                              Eat. Drink. Be Happy.
                                                                                                           
                                                                                                                       Grace

No comments: